Good manners begin here.
We offer personalized in-home, private and day-training options for:
- Puppy head start to get pups off on the right paw.
- Help addressing puppy concerns such as potty training, crate training, mouthing, chewing, handling for grooming and vet visits, food and object guarding prevention, jumping prevention, and socialization. We'll also jump start several basic behaviors such as sit, down, and coming when called. Perfect for puppies from 8-20 weeks.
- Basic to advanced life skills for the take everywhere dog.
- Perfect for older puppies, newly adopted dogs, or any dog with limited training experience. We will tailor the training to help your dog learn the skills needed to be successful in your family. Typical skills: settle on a mat or bed, sit and down stay, coming when called, leave-it and leash manners.
- Behavior issues and modification to help dogs who are struggling.
- Help with fearful behaviors, leash reactivity, under-socialized dogs and resource guarding.
Private training is a great option for individuals who like to do the training themselves, but want one-on-one coaching each step of the way. Training your dog can be rewarding and we focus on making it fun for both you and your dog!
Day training is the solution for busy individuals who don't have the time or desire to train their dog themselves. We'll train your dog in your home while you're at work, running errands or relaxing. In the end, we'll show you how to work with your dog's new skills and how to keep them going.
Why use Southern Mutt?
- We're convenient! We understand you're busy.
- We're easy! We break it down in easy to manage pieces and with Day Training, we do the homework for you!
- We're results oriented! We teach real-life skills to help you get lasting change.
- We're professionals! We use only fun, positive, science-based training methods.